Vintage Gabriel Pasadena California Pottery Pinecone Dinner and Bread Plates - 12 Pieces
Vintage collection of Gabriel Pasadena California Pottery square pinecone dinner and bread plates. Set includes 8 dinner plates and 4 bread or dessert plates.
Leslie Winfield expanded his Winfield Pottery in Pasadena in the 1930s, Margaret Mears Gabriel joined the company as chief designer. She introduced the unique square dinnerware and bamboo patterns for which Winfield became known. Leslie died in 1939, and Gabriel and her husband took over Winfield in 1941.
After the second world war the Gabriels found themselves with more orders than they could handle. They sold off the right to produce Winfield pattern pieces to a company in Santa Monica.
The Pasadena production pieces were hand signed on the unglazed bottom "Gabriel Pasadena." Some pieces carry a Winfield mark, however finding one with the Gabriel signature is quite rare.
Designer: Margaret Mears Gabriel
Color/Pattern: Beige, Brown
Styles: Mid-Century Modern, Rustic
Place of Origin: United States
Materials: Pottery, Paint
Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition, Original Unaltered
Damage or Points of Notice: Excellent vintage condition appropriate with age and little to no use. No imperfections noted.
Dinner Plates (8) - 10"W x 10"D x 1"H
Bread Plates (4) - 5.5"W x 5.5"D x 0.75"H
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact email@example.com for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return