1960s Bill Stephens Style Bentwood Stackable Side Dining Chairs - Set of 6
Mid century Bill Stephens style for Knoll bentwood stackable dining side chairs. Wide square shield back on sculptural bentwood base and legs. Upholstered in a blue rayon blend fabric on seat and back. Great retro yet modernist lines. Very comfortable chairs as the layered bentwood back has a slight flex as you lean back. Flexible yet firm and sturdy. Extremely well constructed, built to last.
Also to point out - One continuous bent hardwood front leg frame + one continuous bent hardwood back leg frame + one continuous bent plywood back and seat frame. Three pieces total. These chairs are truly minimalist, modern, and innovative.
The greats, such as Bill Stephens, Alvar Aalto, and Thonet mastered the art of bending wood beyond the laws of physics. Thin layers of solid wood have been laminated and steamed to create seamless arch that strengthen as they bind. The result is a ground breaking aesthetic appeal.
Please note: We have 24 chairs (total) available for purchase. We are selling them in sets of 6 (4 sets total).
In the Style of: Bill Stephens
Color/Pattern: Brown, Blue
Styles: Mid-Century Modern, Minimalism, Modern
Place of Origin: United States
Materials: Wood, Fabric
Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition, Original Unaltered
Damage or Points of Notice: Due to the stacking feature of these chairs, some have rub marks on leg corners. Also slight indentation on cushions from chairs pressing down on one another. But foam does bounce back and reshape with time.
Dimensions: 22.5"W x 18"D x 32"H
Additional Dimensions: 20"SW, 16.5"SD, 17"SH
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact email@example.com for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return