Vintage Limited Edition Watercolor Etching of Yacht / Sailboat by Frank Kaczmarek - "Cruising"
Vintage limited edition (96/400) watercolor etching of yacht / sailboat titled "Cruising" by noted artist Frank Kaczmarek.
Frank Kaczmarek was born in Boston Massachusetts in 1940. The son of a fashion designer, Frank began painting and drawing at a early age. He resides with his family in Cambridge, MA. Basically a self-taught artist, Frank has worked with various media including watercolor, etching and silkscreen printing, specializing in sailing and nautical scenes and landscapes. The work is realistic, yet each image relies more on mood rather than a specific place or object for effect.
To produce his prints, Frank employs the techniques of etching and watercolor. After the drawing for the print is etched onto the copper plate, it is immersed in an acid bath which bites away at the etched lines. Etching ink is then applied to the surface of the plate, forcing the ink into the etched lines. The inked and polished plate is placed on the bed of an etching press and a damp sheet of 100% rag paper is placed on top of it. The pressure of the rollers embosses the lines of ink into the paper. The process is repeated for each etching. After the edition is printed, Frank then hand colors each print. An important aspect of Frank's work involves the interaction of the watercolor and the moistened paper. He utilizes the absorbent properties of the paper to create a relaxing and calming effect while the hard etched line give a contrasting realism to each print.
Frank's etchings are in collections and galleries throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan.
Artist: Frank Kaczmarek
Color/Pattern: Black, White, Gray, Nautical
Period: Late 20th Century
Place of Origin: United States
Materials: Glass, Metal, Paper, Paint
Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition, Original Unaltered
Damage or Points of Notice: None
Dimensions: 12.25"W x 1"D x 16.25"H ; Image Only 5.75"W x 9"H
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact email@example.com for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return