Vintage 1970s Max Papart Limited Edition Signed Embossed Aquatint Etching B
Abstract aquatint etching on cream colored Japan paper with embossing by Max Papart (1911 - 1994) France. Signed and numbered 32/75 in pencil along lower margin, circa 1970's.
Max Papart (1911 – 1994) was born in Marseilles, France in 1911. Papart began his career as a landscape painter. His work evolved into abstraction, and he gained a reputation as the heir to classic cubism. Through the years he has developed spiritual affinities with other styles and schools. Elements of Etruscan, archaic European, African, and pre-Columbian art have influenced his work, leading to his present semi-figurative style. In Papart’s art, composition goes hand in hand with color, each strengthening the other. He feels that “color is intuitive.” His etchings are noted for contrast in surface textures, achieved with aquatint for a soft, mottled appearance and with carborundum, a technique that results in deep veining reminiscent of stone.
Framed behind glass. The artist added a unique touch by applying a red painted mark on the front of plexi (outside artwork).
Please search 'Max Pavant' for additional artwork from the same Papart Decrytage Series.
Artist: Max Papart (1911 – 1994)
Color/Pattern: Black, Brown, Red
Place of Origin: France
Materials: Paper, Ink, Metal, Plexiglass
Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition, Original Unaltered
Damage or Points of Notice: None
Dimensions: 18.25"W x 1.63"D x 22"H; Image size: 11.5"W x 15.25"H
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact email@example.com for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return