1965 Complete Gallery of the American Automobile Lithograph Set by Clarence P. Hornung - 100 Colored Lithographs
Complete Gallery of the American Automobile set by Clarence P. Hornung was printed in 1965. This boxed set contains 100 lithographs of historic American automobiles. Hornung began his auto illustrations in 1949, after he learned that there was no pictorial history of American cars. Hornung was nicknamed "The Audubon of the Automobile".
The colored lithographs illustrate the development of the automobile in the United States from 1853 to 1915 from the 1853 Dudgeon Steam Wagon through the 1915 Locomobile Town Coupe. Each vehicle is lavishly reproduced as a color screenprint on an individual 14" x 24" sheet of heavy art paper, with a separate explanatory caption provided by James J. Bradley - then the head of the Automotive History Collection at the Detroit Public Library.
The lithographs are housed in a substantial blue cloth solander box with gilt embossing along the spine. The box also contains an index of all of the cars (see photos) and other supplementary information.
If additional information is needed, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Author: Clarence P. Hornung
Color/Pattern: Multi, Autos
Styles: Mid-Century Modern
Place of Origin: United States
Materials: Lithograph, Paper
Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition, Original Unaltered
Damage or Points of Notice: Illustrations are in excellent condition. Cloth box has some splitting along one corner (please see photos).
Dimensions: 24" x 3"D x 15"H
Additional Dimensions: Each print 24"W x 14"H
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact email@example.com for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return