Antique Early American Federal Style Pencil Post Twin Size Half Tester Beds - a Pair
A pair of late 19th century classic early American Federal inspired pencil post, half-tester beds. Headboard, side rails, and footboard are of solid cherry wood. Pencil post headboard has short 18" canape overhang. Footboard with tapering turned posts.
Traditional tight mortise and tenon joints with sharp clear cabinet maker's scribe marks. Hand-tapped square headed long screws which holds the 4-corners together. Stunning patina with natural aged oxidation.
Please Note: Typically these beds had curtains installed on the sides and top canape for style and added privacy. These beds are missing the brass curtain rods, however all rod holders are still in place. Rods and curtains can easily be added if desired.
These beds will be shipped knocked down to minimize shipping cost.
Period: Late 19th Century
Styles: Early American, Federal, Traditional
Place of Origin: United States
Materials: Wood, Brass, Metal
Condition: Very Good Antique Condition, Original Unaltered
Points of Notice: Some minor scratches, nicks and dings consistent with age and use. No major deep gouges or cracks.
Dimensions: 44.5"W x 82"L x 84"H
Footboard / Post: 33"H
Side Rails: 2.5"W x 76"L x 3.75"H (Solid Cherry with brackets attached).
Holds Twin size mattress (39"x 75). Simply drop box spring and mattress onto the L-brackets.
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact email@example.com for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return