Vintage La Musa Folk Art Ceramic Tile and Iron Bar Cart With Sicilian Marketplace Scene
Vintage La Musa Italian folk art ceramic tile and iron bar cart on casters. Cart consists of two levels, scroll push handle, and bottle holder rings on bottom level. The main feature is the exquisite tile collage depicting a Sicilian marketplace. Both levels have the same scene but lay in a opposite direction. Each scene consists of six 8" tiles. There is enough room to place a custom piece of glass on each level (which would sit flush with metal frame).
Twelve tiles total with original label still affixed. Label reads:
"LA MUSA... Where the Sun, the Sea, and the Spirit of Sicily Come Alive" hand-painted and made in Italy.
History: La Musa line of pottery was started in the mid-20th century. Many pottery companies were started in Italy at that time. Another company at that time was by Giovanni De Simone who studied under friend and famed artist Pablo Picasso. Giovanni picked up on the simple lines and bright colors of the cubist style. He was influenced by the Sicilian culture around him, portraying scenes of the marketplace, wine making, and fishing. Many companies produced similar pieces during the mid to late 20th century. Unique, original designs similar to those by the masters Picasso, Matisse, Leger and Klee, as well as everyday situations taken from folklore and Sicilian traditions.
Brand: La Musa, Sintopress
In the Style of: Picasso, Giovanni DeSimone
Color/Pattern: Blue, Red, Yellow
Period: Late 20th Century
Styles: Cubism, Folk Art
Place of Origin: Italy
Materials: Ceramic, Paint, Metal
Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition, Original Unaltered
Damage or Points of Notice: Overall excellent vintage condition. There is a hairline crack about 3" long on the bottom left corner of the top tier center tile. Also a tiny flea bit on corner of one tile. Please see close up photos for details.
Dimensions: 17.5“W x 28.5“D x 36“H; Each shelf (tiles only) measures 24"x16"
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact email@example.com for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return