Vintage William Spratling Taxco Silver Pre-Columbian Style Mask Wall Plaques - 5 Pieces
Stunning and rare collection of William Spratling .925 sterling silver pre-Columbian style mask plaques. Each carved and painted wood plaque is stamped with William Spratling mark and eagle stamp (first used after WWII, the Mexican government issued this mark to guarantee sterling content). Marks date the pieces from the third design period (1947-1967). From a single estate / private collection. Set includes 4 cloth Spratling storage bags.
William Spratling was an iconic artisan and entrepreneur that revived Taxco, Mexico's silver city, putting it on the international art and design map. Spratling created the modern Mexican silver school and contributed significantly to Mexican culture. An extraordinary man, we recommend reading about Spratling - his adventures with roommate William Faulkner, his marketing of Diego Rivera, and time teaching Eskimos silversmithing. Spratling's history is one to study and his artwork conveys his passion and love for art, silver, and Mexico.
Shipping cost includes insurance.
Artist / Designer: William Spratling
Color/Pattern: Black, Silver, Blue, Rust, Yellow
Period: Mid 20th Century
Styles: Tribal, South American
Place of Origin: Mexico
Materials: Wood, Sterling Silver
Condition: Excellent Vintage Condition, Original Unaltered
Damage or Points of Notice: Overall excellent vintage condition appropriate with age and use. Each in overall excellent vintage condition with tarnishing and light scratches appropriate with age and use. Rubbed wear and minor losses to the paint. Please see photos. First, largest mask is loose from plaque.
Dimensions: Varies. Each measures approximately 4.63"W x 1.13"D x 5.13"H
- Free shipping may be offered on select items or orders and is reflected in the shopping cart
- Shipments of small items are arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges are dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Within the Contiguous US (lower 48 states plus Washington DC), items are typically delivered within 5-10 days of the purchase date
- We do not ship to freight forwarders. If you need an item shipped internationally please contact us for more information.
Freight / Curbside Delivery
- Please contact email@example.com for a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Large items (furniture, large lighting and art) are shipped via third party shipping service providers
- Items are delivered curbside, typically within 2-6 weeks (Contiguous US)
- For extended US and international delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a shipping quote prior to purchase
- Prior to shipping, local pickup or delivery, buyers may cancel an order for any reason
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges and restocking fees
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return
- All sales are final 48 hours after receiving your purchase (Except Local Pickup and Freight/Curbside Delivery — see below)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number, reason for return, and related photos
- For approved returns, you are responsible for the full cost of return packing & shipping plus applicable taxes
- Each returned item must be received in original condition
- Local Pickup & Freight/Curbside Delivery
- All sales are final once you or your agent takes possession of the item(s)
- If you decide to cancel the order at pickup, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup; you must not take the item with you
- If you decide to cancel an order at the time of curbside delivery, it will be considered a return; you will be responsible for the full cost of initial and return packing and shipping
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return